Are you a Guyanese woman/girl who is influential in your community or a pioneer in your field? Do you own a business, or run a successful organization? Are you an athlete, honor students or someone with a special skill or talent? Share your story with us. If you know someone with an empowering or inspiration story, tell us about it.
Thank you for your interest in writing for GGR! We are 20,000+ followers strong and growing so this is a great opportunity to get your story in front of a wonderful community of predominantly women.
1. All submissions must be original content that you own the rights to and that hasn’t been previously published.
2. Original photographs are great. If not, please provide the source of the image when possible. Images should be high-resolution and be at least 1200 pixels wide.
3. Submission of your story does not guarantee it will be published. You will be notified if your submission is accepted or if additional information of edit is needed.
4. If asked to verify information or edit your submission, please do so in a timely manner. Submissions which require excessive editing will not be accepted.
5. Try to make your title catchy, but not misleading. If so, we reserve the right to edit your title.
6. A typical article is between 500 and 1,000 words. However, we are more concerned with the quality than the quantity of words.
7. The tone of your story should be positive, informative, fun, upbeat, or engaging. Negative, judgmental or discriminatory stories will not be accepted.
8. Submissions which appear to be strictly for PR will not be accepted.
9.We ask that you check your published article for up to 2 weeks after publication to respond to comments and questions from reader.
10. There will be no compensation for publishing an story on www.guyanesegirlsrock.com or to any of our social media platforms.
- Submit your article following the guidelines listed above to email@example.com.
- Add topic and title of article to email subject line.
- Please include an author’s bio and your photo, which will be added to the end of your post.
- Note that it may take a few days to get a response for your submissions, and up to 2 week for your article to be published so please be patient.
- Once your article is published you will be provided with a link which we ask that you also share to you social media platforms.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
- Empowerment: Inspirational personal stories of triumph, success or positive outcome. The subject must be a woman of Guyanese heritage.
- Beauty: Fashion/style, hair, skin, nails or make-up tips.
- Life: Health and wellness, fitness, travel, motherhood/childcare tips.
- Finance: Money management, insurance, student loans, retirement tips
- Love: Marriage, dating, relationship stories or tips.
- Career: Workplace, entrepreneurial, business tips.
- Culture: Music, celebrations, celebrity news, or cultural topics that encourages conversation.
Our readers love a great story, so do share!